In addition to her role as Thomas Michael Panos Family Professor in Mechanical Engineering, Marcia O’Malley serves as Associate Dean for Research and Innovation for the George R. Brown School of Engineering.
- Assisting in identifying research funding opportunities and providing coordination for large center-type grant opportunities;
- Coordinating the mentoring of faculty on research issues (particularly junior faculty);
- Serving as point person on internal research related award competitions and coordinating the School’s efforts for external faculty and student awards;
- Approving proposal submissions through Cayuse and evaluating grant cost-share opportunities and indirect cost waivers (in collaboration with the Senior Associate Dean);
- Implementing the research aspects of the Schools Strategic Plan;
- Working with the school communications team to increase the visibility of our research accomplishments and impact;
- Working with the administration to ensure that research administrative processes are effective and efficient;
- Working with other campus research leadership on strategic research partnerships;
- Working closely with foundation and corporate relations to expand research partnerships with industry; and,
- Serving as the internal chair of the Engineering Advisory Board Research and Translation subcommittee.